• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

IPAD Pro to SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Clasic version 9 (latest)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Have an IPAD Pro with software version 13.2.3 and use this to get my RAW files from my Canon 5D Mark IV. When back from a trip I download them into my MAC to verify with LR and or adjustment. After update Apple there is now a folder on my Ipad "Files" were I like to transfer my camera RAW files too and like to know if you can transfer these RAW files back towards a SSD . If possible and one of you have experiences what do I need to make it possible?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I’m unclear about what you mean by “back towards a SSD”. You can connect and external disk drive and copy files from the iPadPro to that.
How are you getting the files from the iPadPro to the Mac now?

I mean from my Ipad, when downloaded and corrected to a SSD for storage Reason.
I cannot direct download from my camera to the SSD and want to verify them first as well.
via this way I can avoid to bring a laptop with me and use only a lighter and smaller Ipad but space on my Ipad is limited when you travel for 4 weeks and have photos in Raw.

Files from my Ipad to my Mac is direct with the cable which is not an issue.

Here is what I use to connect to my iPadPro
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N2NQYZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1I import from the camera to Lightroom. Then make a second copy to iDiskk. At home, I can connect the iDiskk to the computer and transfer the RAW file to a backup location.
I use Lightroom on the iPad to sync the same RAW files to my desktop via the Adobe cloud. Once these files have been sync'd to the cloud, I can delete them from the iPad. NOTE: do not use the iPadOS Photos app as it make a copy of the files if you import from the camera to the iPad using Photos. then if you import from the camera roll to the Lightroom app, you get a second copy stored on the iPad.

I have 512GB iPadPro so I have a little more wiggle room before I need to clean up my iPadPro storage. My Nikon Z7 NEFs are 45-50mb per file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back