• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

iOS LR Mobile multiple Devices show up. How remove old devices from left Library pane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickCardo

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I use the iOS and LR Mobile camera apps and always move the pics in the direction of my Win 10 pc. They auto sync to a default folder under a default LR Device name, i.e. iPhone. works almost perfectly except for one thing. Old Devices stick when I no longer own them.

I haven't found a good explanation of this, but I have gotten 3 iPhones in the last 6 months (yes warranty is good) and with each one a new Device and default folder with the same name shows up in the left hand Library pane. All the various iphones have the same iOS name (2x 6s and 1x 7+). How do I remove the old, no longer used, devices?

Thanks for any help as always.

Rich

iOS 10, Windows 10, LR CC all at latest version update.

PS: For some reasons I seem to have to sign into LR Mobile periodically. Haven't noticed exactly what that is related to.

Last edited:
Right click the folder you want them to go into, then choose the option for LrMobile. That sets the preference for future images.

As for the devices in Folders panel, for each one ensure there are no photos - drag them into the folder you want. Then delete the device's folder. The device should then disappear (maybe after a restart).

Seems like a stupid question now that you pointed the obvious out to me. . I was clicking on the DEVICE label and not the FOLDER inside it. The DEVICE disappeared as soon as I deleted it's FOLDER.

Thanks from clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back