• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

IOS 11 delivers a file manager.....finally

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Apple briefly showed the new Files app that will be in IOS 11. It looks like a file manager. Maybe, just maybe, it gives us an easier way to move images in and out without having to do "the cloud". The Affinity for iPad brief demo was very interesting. I think Adobe needs to step up their game.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I had a play with it last night (I have a dev account). Certainly looks interesting for general productivity, although I'm not convinced it'll help with Lightroom.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Using Files can airdrop files to a Mac or other IOS device or drag files to a connected external storage device?

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
iOS 11 will also bring the capability to share files between iOS apps which could enhance the capabilities of Lightroom Mobile with PS Express and other Adobe iOS apps as well as third party imaging apps.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hmmm, not sure on that. From what I could see, Dropbox support wasn't even in yet (although I could be wrong). I rolled back after an hour or so as the build is too buggy for my main iPad, but I may upgrade an older Mini later.