Invariant Camera Profiles Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I have created an "Invariant" version for all the Camera Profiles included with Lightroom 3. You can get them from here

There is also some explanation as to why you might want them in an earlier post on the blog.

Re: Invariate Camera Profiles Available

Nik,

Thank you so much for your work creating these profiles :)

I've got one question and one suggestion to make:

Do you use these profiles as your standard, meaning not only when you have to apply a recovery?

I would suggest to not install them into the "All Users" directory (like "[size=small]C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAdobeCameraRawCameraProfiles" on WinXP[/size]), but into the "UserName" directory (like "[size=small]C:Documents and Settings[username]Application DataAdobeCameraRawCameraProfiles" on WinXP).
That way the user modified profiles are well separated from the LR installed profiles and recognizable as such. The chances of them getting removed/overwritten by an LR/ACR installation/de-installation are much reduced.

Beat
[/size]

I use them as standard as I haven't been able to detect any issues with them.

The install instructions I gave are from Adobe but your right your suggestion is a better way.

[quote author=sizzlingbadger link=topic=1'47'.msg7'6'5#msg7'6'5 date=12795''757]
I use them as standard as I haven't been able to detect any issues with them.
[/quote]
Thanks Nik, I'll also try that.

Beat

Very interesting, only did a quick test on a sunflower, but it stayed yellow after auto. Very subtle, so think will give them a go and see how I get on.. Thanks

Personally without these invariant profiles I wouldn't be using Lightroom, I don't see how anyone could get good results with the standard profiles, unless they never use the recovery slider of course.

PArt of my workflow is that Jack Davis four step tango, which involves auto -> always puts in a bit of recovery. After a bit of playing have set yours as standard on import now using a preset.

As always, thanks, Nik :hail:

Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back