• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Invariant Camera Profiles Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I have created an "Invariant" version for all the Camera Profiles included with Lightroom 3. You can get them from here

There is also some explanation as to why you might want them in an earlier post on the blog.

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Re: Invariate Camera Profiles Available

Nik,

Thank you so much for your work creating these profiles :)

I've got one question and one suggestion to make:

Do you use these profiles as your standard, meaning not only when you have to apply a recovery?

I would suggest to not install them into the "All Users" directory (like "[size=small]C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAdobeCameraRawCameraProfiles" on WinXP[/size]), but into the "UserName" directory (like "[size=small]C:Documents and Settings[username]Application DataAdobeCameraRawCameraProfiles" on WinXP).
That way the user modified profiles are well separated from the LR installed profiles and recognizable as such. The chances of them getting removed/overwritten by an LR/ACR installation/de-installation are much reduced.

Beat
[/size]

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I use them as standard as I haven't been able to detect any issues with them.

The install instructions I gave are from Adobe but your right your suggestion is a better way.

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
[quote author=sizzlingbadger link=topic=1'47'.msg7'6'5#msg7'6'5 date=12795''757]
I use them as standard as I haven't been able to detect any issues with them.
[/quote]
Thanks Nik, I'll also try that.

Beat

ukbrown

Lightroom Version
Very interesting, only did a quick test on a sunflower, but it stayed yellow after auto. Very subtle, so think will give them a go and see how I get on.. Thanks

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Personally without these invariant profiles I wouldn't be using Lightroom, I don't see how anyone could get good results with the standard profiles, unless they never use the recovery slider of course.

ukbrown

Lightroom Version
PArt of my workflow is that Jack Davis four step tango, which involves auto -> always puts in a bit of recovery. After a bit of playing have set yours as standard on import now using a preset.

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
As always, thanks, Nik :hail:

Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.