Invalid DNG from specific date-period and camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi,

I have a whole bunch of invalid DNG's. At first it seemed they were appearing at random, but I have now discovered that they are from a specific period and camera.

- They are all from a Fujifilm XE-2
- Shot using multiple lenses
- All from the period 17th Jan, 2015, to 08th April, 2015
- No valid DNG's exist within this period
- I shot them in RAW on the Fujifilm and converted to DNG using Lightroom

My first guess is that, given the specific period and camera, it is something to do with the firmware version on the camera at the time. Unfortunately, I can't figure out if/how it is possible to find out what firmware was on the camera when a photo was taken?

Either way, I would love to know if anyone else has come across this? And in particular, if there is a way to fix the DNG's?

I have already tried the following, none of which has worked:
- Copy the original file as a new file in finder (using a mac)
- Use Adobe DNG Converter to re-convert from DNG to DNG (doesn't let you do this)
- Opening the DNG in photoshop and saving as another format (this works, but not ideal as I want the original DNG's back)

Thanks

Ah ok! Thanks for the response and info. Will wait for a fix since I'm not working on those files at the moment.

This is not the only bug in LR6.5/2015.5. LR doe not handle a Secondary display properly and also the Full Screen feature is broken in OS X. I've rolled back to LRCC2015.5

This is not the only bug in LR6.5/2015.5. LR doe not handle a Secondary display properly and also the Full Screen feature is broken in OS X. I've rolled back to LRCC2015.5

I'm using a secondary display too, and I have no problems at all in Lightroom 2015.6. I also don't have a full screen problem with Lightroom 2015.6. Both may be a result of this System Preference setting:

Lightroom.jpg

I'm using a secondary display too, and I have no problems at all in Lightroom 2015.6. I also don't have a full screen problem with Lightroom 2015.6. Both may be a result of this System Preference setting:

View attachment 7911
I have that checked. LR puts the secondary display window on the second display. It also creates a secondary display window on top of the first display as if there were no second monitor attached. If I close the secondary display window on top of the first display both secondary Display windows close and I have to reopen the secondary display on the second monitor again. Also If I go to full Screen (using OS X 10.11 full screen function) I can not move the cursor to the top to recover the OS X menu bar to click on the green dot. I have to go to the LR menu to set the Screen mode back to normal. This happens on both my new iMac, my old iMac and my MBP running OS X 10.11.5 and LRCC 2015.6. Maybe this is a OS X 10.11.5 bug since I've updated to that OS X version about the same time I updated to LRCC 2015.6 However, the bug is not present running OS X 10.11.5 and LRCC2015.5.1. The problem with multiple secondary displays is not present in LRCC2015.5.1 So, this is a repeatable LR bug with dual displays.

Just to clarify: I'm not saying there isn't a bug. I'm sure it's exactly like you said. But I do think that unchecking the option to make each screen a separate Space in MacOS X is a much better and easier solution than rolling back Lightroom to a previous version and missing out on Guided Upright as a result of that.

Just to clarify: I'm not saying there isn't a bug. I'm sure it's exactly like you said. But I do think that unchecking the option to make each screen a separate Space in MacOS X is a much better and easier solution than rolling back Lightroom to a previous version and missing out on Guided Upright as a result of that.
I want my displays in separate spaces. This setting worked correctly before LRCC2015.6 I am not willing to sacrifice OS X functionality due to a buggy release of LR (the second crappy release in this version or is it the third? "Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.") I'll wait for LRCC2015.7 to see if that fixes all of the thing Adobe broke in 2015.6. If it does not, I'll roll back to LRCC2015.5.1

FWIW, I don't see any of the problems that you're reporting, Cletus. I'm running the same levels of software, a second monitor with my MBP, and also have that setting checked. No issues, no matter which display I use as the primary LR window.

FWIW, I don't see any of the problems that you're reporting, Cletus. I'm running the same levels of software, a second monitor with my MBP, and also have that setting checked. No issues, no matter which display I use as the primary LR window.
Not long after I upgraded to OS X 10.11.5, my HDD died on my old iMac. This happened just about the time LRCC2015.6 came out. In the week that followed I replaced the HDD in the later 2011 27" iMac and ordered a new 5k iMac. I did not notice problems with the repaired iMac but I did not do a lot of LR work during the time I was trying to recover the HDD back up and install missing apps. The issues first appeared with the 5K iMac. The new iMac has difficulty waking the second display where as the only iMac did not. This is an Apple issue that might be somehow related. With the new iMac and LR 2015.6, I definitely get two secondary display windows one where it belongs and the other in a window over top my primary LR display. Rolling back to LRCC201.5.1 solves this problem. Could the problem be related to my new hardware? There is the issue that OS X has on waking the secondary display from sleep.

The other issue, is not related to dual displays. I can repeat it on my MBP. To use OS X new full screen feature with any app (Safari) Click on the green dot in the upper left corner and the app goes full screen Both the App menu and the Apple menu bar disappear beyond the top of the screen To recover both menus, move the cursor to the top edge of the screen The menus appear and you can click on the green button to end the full screen session. This is the way it worked in 2015.5.1 for LR. This is the way it still works in OS X 10.11.5 and LRCC 2015.5.1 on my 5K iMac. However, if you try the same Full screen feature with LRCC2015.6 on OS X 10.11.5, clicking the green button only zooms the window to full screen, the App menu with the three buttons does not disappear. The problem may be that Apple might have changed some of the full screen functionality with the release of OS X 10.11.5 and this broke the feature in LR but not apps like Safari. Clicking on the green dot in LRCC 2015.5.1 behaves the same as ALL other OS X apps. Clicking the same green dot in LRCC2015.6 does not.

This second issue may have something to do with the new 'Split Screen' in MacOS X El Capitan. If you place the cursor above the green dot in Safari, you see the dot change to indicate full screen. Holding down the mouse key will activate Split Screen. If you hover the cursor over the green dot in Lightroom CC2015.6 you see a plus sign, indicating that Lightroom does not support Split Screen. The change between CC2015.5 and CC2015.6 may be intentional, to comply with this.

This second issue may have something to do with the new 'Split Screen' in MacOS X El Capitan. If you place the cursor above the green dot in Safari, you see the dot change to indicate full screen. Holding down the mouse key will activate Split Screen. If you hover the cursor over the green dot in Lightroom CC2015.6 you see a plus sign, indicating that Lightroom does not support Split Screen. The change between CC2015.5 and CC2015.6 may be intentional, to comply with this.
The Spit Screen was introduced before OS X 10.11.5 and LRCC 2015.6 should behave like every other OS X app (and LRCC2015.5.1) it does not. There is no reason for Adobe to stop supporting OS X features except for buggy programming.
I have also checked on my MBP, you can not invoke the split screen OR full screen with LRCC2015.6, PSCC2015.5 or Bridge v6.2.0.179 when you click on the green button.

Apparently this was intentional (and supposedly temporary) on the part of Adobe Here is the bug report: Lightroom 2015.6: Fullscreen Mode on Mac Disabled | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back