• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"Internal error occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrudolph

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
When you get this error message a few times...
_________

An internal error has occurred.
?:0: attempt to index a nil value

________

...what does it indicate?

I got that a few times after my last import and cull. It wasn’t happy about me trying to edit a photo right after I had deleted rejected photos. I had to move to another image and try again to get it to let me edit. New error with 12.2.1 maybe? I’m on the same os version as you also.

What particular operations were you doing when the error appeared?

"attempt to index a nil value" is a generic programming error that can arise in many different situations.

That error is often caused by the presence of the Logioptions plugin, which gets silently installed when you install Logitech's utilities for pointing devices. Do File > Plug-in Manager, scan the list of plugins for Logioptions, and if present, select it, and click Disable in the Status panel on the right. Restart LR.

Thanks John, that's probably my problem. I just got a new mouse. Hopefully that fixes the original posters problem too. I'll go remove that plug-in cuz I doubt it really did much for me.

Thanks from me too, John. Although I don't have that plug-in. I'm attaching a screenshot of plug-in manager, should you know of any other culprits.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 1.37.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 1.37.20 PM.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 105
Well, I had the logioptions in Photoshop, but didn't see it in Lightroom Classic. I did see something in the install about it so I'm going to dig more.

I'm still getting the error and haven't found the Logitech plugin for Lightroom within LR plug in manager. I did get rid of the PS one though. I thought about uninstalling the Logitech Options+ and see if that solves it.

If there's no Logioptions plugin in LR's File > Plug-in Manager, then that's not causing the error. You could try temporarily disabling all the installed LR plugins and restarting LR, to see if another one might be causing the error.

I wish I could roll back to LR 12.2, but looks like I have to go back to 12.1. It started after 12.2.1 got installed also, but I also install the new mouse at the same time.

I might just rip out all the Logi software and start again. Kind of unhappy the new mouse uses their Bolt dongle instead of the Unifying dongle my other two mice use.

I wish I could roll back to LR 12.2, but looks like I have to go back to 12.1. It started after 12.2.1 got installed also, but I also install the new mouse at the same time.

I might just rip out all the Logi software and start again. Kind of unhappy the new mouse uses their Bolt dongle instead of the Unifying dongle my other two mice use.

Okay, curmudgeon mode kicked in. :D I just uninstalled the new logitech software so only the old stuff is there. Then I ordered a new mouse that is the same model as the old one that is dying instead of using the new model that needs the new dongle. Hopefully that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back