• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Installing LR6 on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Mathers

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
This may have been posted before and, if so, I apologise (I can't find it). I have to buy a new laptop and I have the problem of how to get LR6 on the new one. Because Adobe no longer sell it, I am unable to download it from their website(s) - at least, I can't find any reference to it. Is there any way I can install it on my new laptop, or transfer it from old to new - or will I have to lose the program completely? Any help anyone can give me will be extremely appreciated!

You need to contact Adobe directly to get a link for the LR6.14 download. Easiest way is to login to your Adobe account, then use the Contact Adobe link under the "Helpful Resources" section. Simply explain that you are an LR6 perpetual license holder in need of a link to the 6.14 download.

Thank you so much for your advice. I did as you suggest and it worked! However, it has thrown up a rather curious other problem. I had created a special catalog that I called 'Joint Lightroom Catalog' - but when I tried to use it this time, it said that LR couldn't open it because it was too new for this version of LR. This doesn't make much sense to me as I had been using it on the same version of LR on my old computer!

Is it possible that you installed the trial version of Lightroom Classic and so upgraded the catalog to that later version? Catalogs are not backwards compatible, so a Lightroom Classic catalog cannot be opened by LR6.

Is it possible that you installed the trial version of Lightroom Classic and so upgraded the catalog to that later version? Catalogs are not backwards compatible, so a Lightroom Classic catalog cannot be opened by LR6.

If that was the case would a possible solution be to install the trial version of Lightroom Classic on the OP's new computer thus allowing the later version of the catalog to be opened ?

I don't think so, as I clicked on the Buy option and entered the necessary serial numbers.

I uninstalled and want to reinstall LR6.14. I cannot find the link on the adobe site to request a link to download 6.14.
In other words, I cannot find an email address to Adobe to ask for the link.

I uninstalled and want to reinstall LR6.14. I cannot find the link on the adobe site to request a link to download 6.14.
In other words, I cannot find an email address to Adobe to ask for the link.
Sign into your Adobe ID and use the Chat box here Adobe Help Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back