• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Installing LR/Photoshop on second computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristphoto

Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
A few months ago I got a new computer and subscribed to the Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop package. I was told I can install the same package on a second computer at no extra cost. Is this true? I have LR 6 and Photoshop Elements on the second computer (laptop) and I would like to upgrade those programs. Both computers are Windows 10 if that matters. Would I simply login to Adobe with my password and ID and download the programs? Has anyone installed on a second computer that can share some words of wisdom? Thanks.

Would I simply login to Adobe with my password and ID and download the programs? Has anyone installed on a second computer that can share some words of wisdom? Thanks.
Yes, it's as simple as that. Download and install the Creative Cloud destop app, use that to install Lightroom and Photoshop. I've been running LR/PS on two separate systems (one Mac, one Windows) for many years.

Your "photographers" plan allows you to install Lightroom/Classic (any version beyond LR/6), Lighroom/Cloudy, and Photoshop on up to two machines. So, yes just install them. However this plan does not to my knowledge have anything to do with Photoshop Elements or LR/6. LR/6 is a perpetual license product that you paid for long ago and are entitled to keep as long as you wish, for no additional money (but no support or upgrades). LR/Classic is the continued evolution beyond LR/6 so in that regard it is an upgrade of LR/6. However it is licensed differently so it can also be considered as a different product that just happens to look and work the same as LR/6 plus improvements. The LR/Classic era started with version LR/7 - next logical release after LR/6 - at which time it became a rental product under a rental license. LR/6 was the end of the perpetual license model for LR.

As LR/6 and LR/Classic are licensed differently, and you paid for one and will continue paying for the other, you may want to keep LR/6 (just in case - after all you paid for it) as you move on to LR/Classic - presumably LR/9. A copy of your LR/6 catalog will be upgraded to LR/9 when you install LR/9. But the LR/6 catalog will remain on your system unless you delete it. However once you start doing work in your new LR/9 catalog, that catalog cannot be reverted back to an LR/6 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back