Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR-3
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
I want to reinstall a (2011) LR-3 CD on an erased 2011 iMac (OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan). Then I want to upgrade it to LR-6. Are there any special aspects because of the old age?

I want to reinstall a (2011) LR-3 CD on an erased 2011 iMac (OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan). Then I want to upgrade it to LR-6. Are there any special aspects because of the old age?

You do not need to install LRv3. If you have a license for LRv6, you can obtain the download for LRv6.14 from Adobe and apply the license number for the v6 upgrade as well as the license for the full version of Lightroom that you initially purchased to qualify for the upgrade. You can open and convert any catalog file version prior to LTv6.14 with the v6.14 app.

If you do not own a license for v6.14, you will not be able to acquire one from Adobe as these have long been discontinued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks you for your advice.
Only I don't know if I ever received a separate license for LRv6, I only have the -very long- serial number that belongs to LRv3. Or can Adobe itself see that in their system? As far as I can remember, over the years I have been able to update to LRv6 without further ado.

Thanks you for your advice.
Only I don't know if I ever received a separate license for LRv6, I only have the -very long- serial number that belongs to LRv3. Or can Adobe itself see that in their system? As far as I can remember, over the years I have been able to update to LRv6 without further ado.

N upgrade license code issued with your purchase of LR6. It requires the LR3 full license to be located on your computer OR supplied when you install LR6. If you registered your purchases at Adobe, you can log on to adobe with your account and retrieve the license code(s) if you do not have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advices. In the meantime the old iMac has died due to old age ... I tried to bring it back to life with 'clean install' but a 'new package' turned out not to be available. Apple support already provided this. So be it...
But I'm very happy with the new iMac 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back