• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Installed 1.3, but now can't develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.D.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I installed LR 1.3 (from 1.2) and now I can't see large (1:1) previews and I can't seem to get the develop area to load. It just sits there.

I've tried discarding 1:1 previews and then rendering them again. DOesn't help.

HELP!

Hi TD

Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us a bit more about your system specs - even to know Mac or PC would be a great start! If you put them in your signature, you won't need to type them out again next time.

So, what happens if you go into Loupe mode, and zoom in there? Does it zoom ok? Is it all files, or just certain ones?

Few things to try: http://photoshopservices.wordpress.com/2''7/1'/21/fixing-unexplained-problems/

Victoria Bampton;331' said:
Hi TD

Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us a bit more about your system specs - even to know Mac or PC would be a great start! If you put them in your signature, you won't need to type them out again next time.

So, what happens if you go into Loupe mode, and zoom in there? Does it zoom ok? Is it all files, or just certain ones?

Few things to try: http://photoshopservices.wordpress.com/2''7/1'/21/fixing-unexplained-problems/

Thanks. Sorry about not posting system details.

I'm using Windows XP. Pentium 4 3.2
2 gb ram.

Haven't tried loupe mode. Will do.

Thanks. Sorry about not posting system details.

I'm using Windows XP. Pentium 4 3.2
2 gb ram.

Haven't tried loupe mode. Will do.

Actually, I have tried Loupe view (but didn't realize it). Didn't realize the terminology. Neither Grid nor loupe view will render an image greater than thumbnail. And I can't get into develop at all.

That's really odd TD. So it won't even show you a Fit image view in Loupe then? And does it definitely know where to find the files?

Try the suggestions posted on the blog (preferences, catalogs etc) to rule out any more obvious issues, and then we'll all start racking our brains!

That's really odd TD. So it won't even show you a Fit image view in Loupe then? And does it definitely know where to find the files?

Try the suggestions posted on the blog (preferences, catalogs etc) to rule out any more obvious issues, and then we'll all start racking our brains!

Thanks. Tried all of the suggestions. Still no go.

Interestingly, I can go into Survey mode and it seems to work, but it still acts very strange. When I try to crop, it never does the crop, then it freezes up.

This is really strange and frustrating.

Any more thoughts? I never had any trouble with LR up to this point.

I've appreciated your help very much so far.

T.D.;333' said:
Thanks. Tried all of the suggestions. Still no go.

Interestingly, I can go into Survey mode and it seems to work, but it still acts very strange. When I try to crop, it never does the crop, then it freezes up.

This is really strange and frustrating.

Any more thoughts? I never had any trouble with LR up to this point.

I've appreciated your help very much so far.

Looks like another reboot (with Runtime error on initial LR startup) did the trick. Thanks for all your help Victoria. I appreciate it.

Oh that's great to hear it's fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back