• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

'Info' equivalent in Lightroom if I may....your help would be hugely appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymacmason

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
So...thanks in advance!
First up - I am absolutely loving Lightroom, having spent many many years kind of 'confined' to Photoshop (which is obviously glorious in its way and far more suitable for certain editing tasks as we all know).
However. I'm wondering if there is an equivalent of Photoshop's 'Info' palette in LightRoom? I don't see it. That's a problem, because some of the work in which I am engaged has very 'high-key' and subtle highlights. I don't want them 'clipped' during an 'auto' by Lightroom but (despite owning a fantastic monitor) I can't tell visually whether or not I am retaining anything like "minimum dot" for printing purposes. Some of these pics not only start with but need a healthy cmyk or rgb 'breakdown' in the highlights. And I don't want to have to keep transferring what I do in Lightroom, to 'editing in Photoshop' just so I can see that the values are NOT c0, m0, y0, k0!
Thank you all so much for any feedback.
All best wishes
Andy

I should add this - yes, I am aware that a Histogram is available to me in Lightroom. But fundamentally that is basically a highly sophisticated Graph. I need to see the actual values. Thanks again.

In the Histogram panel in the Develop module, you'll find the same number references, and if you click on the triangles in the corners of the histogram, it shows clipping warnings. There are other ways, but that's a good place to start.

In the Histogram panel in the Develop module, you'll find the same number references, and if you click on the triangles in the corners of the histogram, it shows clipping warnings. There are other ways, but that's a good place to start.
Thanks so much! However, I am not using Lightroom 'Classic', rather I am using the new Cloud based service which 'ships' with a 'Photography' subscription. Yes, as you say, I see the Histogram AND the very helpful clipping warnings (the spreading bright red, indicating burnt-out areas, or, inversely, warnings that areas are liable to get 'filled-in' - though how Lightroom can make the latter assumption given that it doesn't know my Print 'profile' or substrate is a mystery to me....). But I don't see a cmyk or indeed an rgb breakdown anywhere. Maybe they confine that to 'Classic'?? Best, Andy

Ah yes, the numerical values aren't available in the cloud ecosystem I'm afraid. The clipping warnings are helpful but won't be specific to your print profile, so you may want to err slightly on the safe side.

Added my vote, thanks for flagging it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back