• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Indelible preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I have an "image" in LR Classic that has no filename but is flagged. There is nothing to see in the preview.
I also just got the "photo" removed (doesn't respond to anything).
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-10-19 om 12.17.17.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-10-19 om 12.17.17.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 148
Generally it means the photo is no longer in the location to which it was imported, it was either deleted or moved (outside of Lightroom). If you can find it (in Finder) and put it back, it will appear. Do you know what may have happened to it?

Generally it means the photo is no longer in the location to which it was imported, it was either deleted or moved (outside of Lightroom). If you can find it (in Finder) and put it back, it will appear.

No, I don't think so. Please note that the slide mount does not show any file name, even though a file name is visible for the photo below. Also note that there is no 'missing image' exclamation mark in the upper right corner. This is another issue, known as 'phantom images' in the catalog. I have seen a few reports about that. One way of solving this is going to 'All Photographs', select all the 'real images' and export these as a new catalog.

Beste Johan, we kunnen wel even verder in het Nederlands :), toch? Ik denk inderdaad dat het juist is wat jij zegt. Een volledige export min die ene is te overzien. Ook een nieuwe import van bijna 15.000 foto's ook, maar dan ben ik al mijn bewerkingen, kenmerken e.d. kwijt. Dat is bijna rampzalig.

Also more briefly in English.
Dear Johan, we can continue in Dutch :), right? I do think that what you say is correct. A complete export minus that one is manageable. Also a new import of almost 15,000 photos, but then I have lost all my edits, features, etc. That is almost disastrous.

Also more briefly in English.
Dear Johan, we can continue in Dutch :), right? I do think that what you say is correct. A complete export minus that one is manageable. Also a new import of almost 15,000 photos, but then I have lost all my edits, features, etc. That is almost disastrous.

The image thumbnail does not exhibit the (!) indication a missing image. The gray thumbnail can mean several things otherwise.
1. The icc color profile is corrupt from your monitor.
2. The thumbnail is corrupt and needs to be rebuilt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A defect in the monitor does not seem likely because 14,000 other photos are good.
How do you rebuild a thumbnail if I don't know at all which photo belongs to it.

A number of people have reported over the past couple of years these zombie thumbnails, which display no metadata on the thumbnail or in the Metadata panel:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...all-photographs-only/5f5f45ea4b561a3d42678139

That bug thread is a little ambiguous, but it seems that Adobe believes the underlying cause was fixed in LR 9.2. But even if the cause was fixed, that doesn't mean that the latest version of LR will remove the zombies inserted by older versions. I recommend these troubleshooting steps:

1. Update to LR 9.4 (you're on 9.1).

2. Export as a new catalog using File > Export As Catalog, deselecting the zombies before exporting.

3. See these instructions for how to send the catalog to Adobe to have them repair it:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...3d42678139?commentId=5f5f491b4b561a3d4250064e

Beste Johan, we kunnen wel even verder in het Nederlands :), toch? Ik denk inderdaad dat het juist is wat jij zegt. Een volledige export min die ene is te overzien. Ook een nieuwe import van bijna 15.000 foto's ook, maar dan ben ik al mijn bewerkingen, kenmerken e.d. kwijt. Dat is bijna rampzalig.
Je begrijpt het niet. Je moet niet 15.000 foto's exporteren en dan weer importeren, maar het menu 'Exporteren als Catalogus' gebruiken. Dan maak je een nieuwe catalogus aan, met al die 15.000 foto's daarin en alle bewerkingen en andere metadata intact.

You do not understand. You should not export 15.000 photos, but select them and use 'Export as Catalog'. That will create a new catalog with all the photos, including all edits and all added metadata.

Ik ga ermee aan de slag. Allemaal hartelijk bedankt voor jullie waardevolle bijdragen!! Ik laat weten het het vergaan is.

I'm going to work on it. Thank you all for your valuable contributions !! I'll let you know it's gone.

Thank you both for adding the English translation so the rest of us can still follow!

I agree with Victoria for two reasons. Non Dutch speakers with the same issue can benefit and Non Dutch contributors can contribute so that more people with more ideas can arrive at the best answer.

I agree with Victoria for two reasons. Non Dutch speakers with the same issue can benefit and Non Dutch contributors can contribute so that more people with more ideas can arrive at the best answer.
Helemaal mee eens! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back