• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Increase export file size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 7
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi

I am trying to make my exported file of about 250 images smaller.
At the moment it is 61,01mg.
I have lowered the jpeg quality to 75% and limited the file size to 2mg and yet my file size stays the same, though the individual images are now down to 1,5mg.
What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by "smaller". If by "smaller" you mean a smaller width and height, then you are tweaking the wrong parameter. To have fewer pixels width and height, you need to use the "resize" option. If the original image is 6000X4000 pixels and you want the exported image to be 3000X2000 pixels, then you need to check the "resize to fit" box in the "Image Sizing" section and set the long edge to 3000 pixels.

JPEG compression will reduce the byte size of the image but has no effect on the number of pixels for the image You can limit the byte size of the image by adjusting the "quality" (compression) and/or limiting the output to a certain number of kilobytes. The "quality" should never be set to a number below 60. Adobe has only 12 levels of compression for JPEGs. So, a quality setting of 93-100 will result in the least compression and produce the same image in megabytes.

If I haven't addressed your issue, then you will need to explain further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back