Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Victoria, for the last few weeks (maybe longer) I've noticed that inserting an in-line screenshot via the Quick Reply panel is now erratic.....occasionally it works as it always used to, but now more often than not the screenshot doesn't appear in-line, bur rather in an "Attached Thumbnails" box. Not a problem if only one screenshot is being included, but a bit of a PITA if you have more, especially when you really want them 'in-line' as part of the narrative.

When this happens it's necessary to go into advanced mode and then select "Manage Attachments"....but even then getting them back "in-line" seems trial and error, and very frustrating.

It never used to be that way, was anything changed that could have caused this? Or is it just my system?

I've noticed the same a couple of times when I've tried it recently, but I can't figure out what's changed. I haven't done any vBulletin updates in a while, and no server side changes. Which browser do you use?

They've just announced vBulletin 5, but I don't want to upgrade until it's out of beta and I've got time to troubleshoot.

FF15 at the minute, just had a play with Chrome (latest version 22) and at first attempt that seems fine....so maybe it's just a Firefox thing. What are you using?

I'm wondering the same. I use FF most of the time too. I've been searching the vBulletin forums but I can't find any other reports at the mo.

I've been seeing the same thing for the last few weeks. I find that if I drag the JPG to the quick reply window, delete it, and then use the Insert Image button, it works correctly, but that's a bit of a PITA. I'm also a FireFox user.

Hal

P.S. I just tried it with IE 9, and it works fine. It's sounding like an FF problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back