• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import Improper Sort order when importing photos from iphone on Windows 10 Lightroom Classic 9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

yevrut

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When importing photos to my windows 10 machine from my iPhone SE 2020, I have the proper source selected, Copy and add to the catalog selected, New Photos Selected, the proper destination selected and the Capture time selected for the sort order.

After the photos have completed loading (>5000) all of them remain. That is to say, none of the previously imported photo disappear (I have New photos selected). Also, even though I have Capture time selected as the sort order, they are loading in a random order.

I have imported the same photos from the same iPhone into my mac Lightroom and all is normal, so I think the problem maybe something to do with a windows setting.

Any thoughts?

the import process imports several files all at once. That means that they will com in randomly. When they are all imported they should show up in the sort order selected on the toolbar. Be careful the the sort order does not revert to Added order on the tool bar when the import is finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the import process imports several files all at once. That means that they will com in randomly. When they are all imported they should show up in the sort order selected on the toolbar. Be careful the the sort order does not revert to Added order on the tool bar when the import is finished.

Thanks, that might make sense. Then the problem isn't the import sort order but the fact that the previously imported photos show up and fail to clear when importing new photos.

Thanks, that might make sense. Then the problem isn't the import sort order but the fact that the previously imported photos show up and fail to clear when importing new photos.

What method are you using to import? Previously imported iPhone photos can appear as new if you get a new phone and transfer the old phone photos to the new phone. Also, if you import via the cloud and again via the cable or another method. Or via the Adobe Cloud and via a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back