• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Importing from Onedrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmerhonda1

I have been trying to import into Lightroom 6 some files that I have in Onedrive. I have several hundred photos in Onedrive, but Lightroom only sees a handful of them. What is up with that? Please help.....

I don't use OneDrive myself, but I think it works a lot like Dropbox. In Dropbox, you have a local folder that is constantly synched with the online storage. However, you can also have folders in Dropbox that you do not sync with a certain computer, so these folders do occur online, but not on your computer. Maybe that happened with your iPhone photos. You did sync the iPhone with OneDrive, but that folder does not get synched with your computer. That is why Lightroom can't see it. You have to turn synching on for that folder.

Logged on to Onedrive one my computer and can see the files on there. It looks like my settings are correct......do you think it would be a setting on my phone or on the computer settings?

Start with Mac or Windows? Also which version of the OS; Windows has had very significant user interface changes recently.
Next, are you looking in the web interface or Windows Explorer or Mac Finder?

Tim

Logged on to Onedrive one my computer and can see the files on there. It looks like my settings are correct......do you think it would be a setting on my phone or on the computer settings?

If you 'logged on' to OneDrive, doesn't that mean you are looking at the files online rather than at local copies? With Dropbox, your local copies are simply in a folder called 'Dropbox'. There is nothing to 'log in' if you want to see the local copies.

Windows 8. Where should I look for settings that would make the files visible in LR? As per Johan, I think both Dropbox and onedrive work the same, don't they? I don't think any of the files in each of these services are local, are they? I shouldn't say that.....I know I have the original files of everything in Dropbox somewhere on my computer, but onedrive stuff was originally on my iPhone, then deleted from there after uploading to Onedrive. I can see all of my Dropbox files in Lightroom when I go into Import, but only a handful of Onedrive files show up when trying to import them.............

In Lightroom- import- Onedrive- iOS folder I can right-click and select show in Explorer and explorer will open up and show the photos, but not within lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back