Importing from Dropbox to Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsanman

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I just subscribed and downloaded Lightroom today, and am ready to learn how to use it for the first time. I've found some great tutorials, but I have one problem I need help with:
I have several organized folders in Dropbox that contain some landscape photos I've shot in the past year that I'd like to do some post processing on in Lightroom. I can't find any help on YouTube or Google on how to import them into Lightroom from Dropbox, or if it can't be done, how to do a work-around.
Can anyone help?

I just subscribed and downloaded Lightroom today, and am ready to learn how to use it for the first time. I've found some great tutorials, but I have one problem I need help with:
I have several organized folders in Dropbox that contain some landscape photos I've shot in the past year that I'd like to do some post processing on in Lightroom. I can't find any help on YouTube or Google on how to import them into Lightroom from Dropbox, or if it can't be done, how to do a work-around.
Can anyone help?

The Dropbox folder is a normal local folder, except that its contents is synchronized with the Dropbox servers. You can import those folders just like any other folders.

The Dropbox folder is a normal local folder, except that its contents is synchronized with the Dropbox servers. You can import those folders just like any other folders.
Yes, I knew that, but I'd been unable to locate the files in my C Drive. However, your reply made me believe the MUST be there somewhere so I looked harder and found them in my personal users file, which makes sense. Thanks for your input!

Dropbox Tip on Windows.

If you click on the Dropbox Logo (1) on the bottom right hand side of your toolbar, it will display a list of recent files synchronised.

At the bottom of the list there should be a small folder icon (2). If you click on this it will open up your Dropbox parent folder in Explorer. You also have the option to open up Dropbox in a browser (item 3 below).

upload_2017-1-13_16-41-36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back