Import Imported images are not being placed chronologically according to capture date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Gonsman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 6.14 [1149743]

In the past week or so, all of my imported images are being placed in folders under a particular folder created in the year 2006. I have been easily moving these folders and images to 2018. I deleted the 2006 folder and reimported those images which initially appeared to correct the problem but subsequent imports are still going into 2006. I have attached a screenshot of my Library module showing two images that I captured and imported this morning.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 8.57.55 AM.png

Agree with Johan. To avoid such a problem in a future, I would strongly suggest to create an import preset with your desired settings, and then always import using this preset. That way you'll be sure to always have the same settings and the file copied in the correct folder.

You probably selected the '07-06 concrete' parent folder on import. The sort order is set to Z > A if that is also part of your question.
Thank you Johan and Philippe,

I have recently started using a Trackpad and I am having some difficulty with it's sensitive. Both of the settings that you identified were changed inadvertently. Regarding import presets, the only obvious selection is in Destination and that being choosing the correct parent folder. In my case that folder is named Photos Go Here. I don't see anything useful in File Handling, File Renaming, or Apply During Import. Are there other presets that that I am overlooking?

Thanks again.

An import preset is something you create yourself. You setup everything the way you want it, and then at the bottom of the import dialog in the center there is a (rather obscure) place where you can save these settings as an import setting. Next time, you simply choose that import setting and everything is again the way you want it.

An import preset is something you create yourself. You setup everything the way you want it, and then at the bottom of the import dialog in the center there is a (rather obscure) place where you can save these settings as an import setting. Next time, you simply choose that import setting and everything is again the way you want it.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back