• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import Imported Folder Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgub1

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 11.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Since updating to LrC 11.4.1, imported folders do not open automatically after being imported. The folders are already on my hard drive, so am using Add during import. Not talking about Current/Previous Import as a solution because that imports files to a collection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When you import from any source (camera card or existing folder), what is "opened" in LrC at the end of the import is a choice of two things:

1. Nothing new is "opened", LrC continues to show the same source that was active before launching the import.
2. LrC switches from the pre-existing source to the "Previous Import" collection, into which all the images from the import just ended are added (they will physically be in whatever folder contains those images, but are additionally automatically added to the "Previous Import" collection....but it's the latter which is "opened" at the end of the import). During the import the collection is called "Current Import", it's only when the import concludes is the name changed to "Previous Import".

You control the behaviour via the Preferences>General Tab....there you can enable/disable the option to "Select the "Current/Previous Import" collection during import".

Thanks Jim. For some reason, I thought that LrC opened the imported folder automatically in previous versions. Cheers!

Thanks Jim. For some reason, I thought that LrC opened the imported folder automatically in previous versions. Cheers!
It did (in the very early versions), but that Preference was added sometime later (but I know it was there in LR5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back