import/synchronize failure in Lightroom CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliseL

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hello,

I am trying to synchronize a folder from within Lightroom CC. I have added images to that folder on my hard drive that are not yet in LR.

I right click on the folder in Lightroom, and choose "Synchronize Folder". I then get a window where I choose "import new photos" (it tells me there are 270), and "show import dialogue before importing". I am then taken to the import dialogue. Most of the photos have no preview, they are just grey boxes. There are jpg, dng and video files and all are greyed out. The images with previews are all jpgs, but not all jpgs have previews.

When I click "Import" nothing happens. The progress bar shows different amounts of progress each time, but nothing ever gets imported. And whatever the progress bar shows at first is where it stays - it never actually makes more progress than it shows at first. I've let it sit for 20 minutes with no change and nothing getting imported. When I cancel the import I get the notice that "no photos or videos were found to import".

I am running Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit operating system. Lightroom version info is:
5BIaZdjSGnzCsjxswrHMKph2N4n8gQwMV4mdm AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure if this is a synchronize issue or an import issue. I imported images from a card reader this morning with no problems so I'm thinking it's more to do with the synchronize folder command. This has never happened before and it's pretty frustrating.

thanks, EliseL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I am trying to synchronize a folder from within Lightroom CC. ...I am then taken to the import dialogue. Most of the photos have no preview, they are just grey boxes. There are jpg, dng and video files and all are greyed out. The images with previews are all jpgs, but not all jpgs have previews.
A good guess is a corrupt monitor profile
Check out this post for setting toy monitor profile to sRGB: How to assign an sRGB ICC Profile to your monitor (Windows)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also move the video files to another folder before you try the import.

Thanks I-See-Light and clee01l. I tried both of your suggestions and it worked. I should have tried them one at a time to see which resolved the issue but I was in too much of a hurry.

Thanks, EliseL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back