• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Sync Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic 7.1 (latest available version)

There appears to be a bug in LR Classic as follows. I have added additional photos to a folder on my hard drive from outside of LR. All the existing photos in that folder are already imported into LR Classic. When I fire up LR Classic I go to the particular folder and "right click" and select synchronise. It does its stuff and identifies the correct number of new photos that are available to be imported. However, when I then click to proceed with the import LR just hangs. The blue circle goes round and round for ever and the additional photos don't get imported. I have been importing new photos into LR using this method since LR1.x with never a problem. The problem has only been with Classic. I am not sure whether the problem is with the latest version only but I suspect that it is.

I have got round the problem by simply using the main import button and selecting which photos to import and this continues to work fine. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I have tried to reproduce this but i could not. It was no problem to add photos to the lighroom (Classic) catalog with the synchronize option.
Because you can add them with the import function the filetype can not be the cause here i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back