• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import says "save with maximize capability" even though I already did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vcize

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am trying to import .psb files into lightroom now that it is supported. I have the latest version of LrC and PS from creative cloud.

When I try to import a .psb in lightroom it fails and says "please re-save the file with maximum compatibility enabled".

However in PS under File handling I have save with maximum compatability set to "always". I have also tried changing it to "ask" and choosing to save w/ maximum compatibility after it asks, but regardless of which way I do it I still get the error when I try to then import that .psb into lightroom.

1625591134195.png

1625591159408.png

PSB files aren't supported. PSD are if they have maximize compatibility.

PSB files aren't supported. PSD are if they have maximize compatibility.

PSB file support was added in February 2020

Large Document format (PSB)

Introduced in Lightroom Classic 9.2 (February 2020 release)
The Large Document Format (PSB) file in Lightroom Classic supports documents up to 65,000 pixels in long edge and a maximum dimension of 512 megapixels. As with the PSD file format, the file must be saved in Photoshop with the Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility preference turned on. Camera Raw 12.2 or greater is required to use Lightroom Classic's Edit in Photoshop feature with PSB images.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/supported-file-formats.html

Btw my file is 22,000 x 10,000 in resolution so it should fit within the bounds of less than 65,000 pixels on the longest side and less than 500MP as well.

PSB file support was added in February 2020

Oh, so it was, I even reported on it at the time! My memory is failing me :eek:

Are you still having trouble importing it?

However in PS under File handling I have save with maximum compatability set to "always". I have also tried changing it to "ask" and choosing to save w/ maximum compatibility after it asks, but regardless of which way I do it I still get the error when I try to then import that .psb into lightroom.
A late reply: Try doing File > Save As to save the file as a new copy. There's a longstanding bug where, once a file is saved with maximize compatibility turned off, it can never be saved with it turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back