• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import RAW to Android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Marchant

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LRCC 3.4
Operating System
  1. Android
I shoot with a Canon (5DIII) using Compact Flash cards and want to be able to import one or two RAW images into LRCC for quick processing and posting to social media etc.

I have a paid CC subscription (and run Lightroom Classic on my desktop) and have LR CC 3.4 on my Android phone which has a USB type C socket. I don't, to my knowledge, use/sync stuff between Classic and LR CC Mobile.

I have an OTG to C cable and can connect my camera to the phone or a card reader. My phone can interact with the camera using a different app (DSLR Controller) and can see my card/cardreader. When I select to "Add images" the only locations to add from are my phone. LR can't see either my camera or the card/reader.

I can manually copy RAW files to my phone and then import into LRCC. I would prefer to eliminate the manual file copy and just import into LRCC from the card. Has anyone managed to do this or is it not something CC supports?

I was testing this on Friday, and it can be done. The trick is either to set the camera to open Lightroom when you plug it in instead of your DSLR Controller app, or if you tap Add photos from an album, it'll let you import from Files (and therefore should be able to import from the camera).

Hi,

I have the same problem.

My camera is a Lumix GX9. Do you have any suggestions on how I "set the camera to open Lightroom when you plug it in" as suggested in your earlier message? Thanks!

Mac or Windows Bob?

Ah, ok. Hmmmm, I'm not very experienced with Android but I seem to remember it asking whether to make this the default app when I first plugged in a camera. Hopefully someone else can take a guess though.

Is there a way to import RAW directly from the SD card into Lightroom mobile? FYI, the phone I'm currently trying to do it on is a Pixel 2. I downloaded this free version on Apknite, I don't if it is the cause of problem or not. I really like the app but I am not really feeling like dropping 5 euros a month to use it.

Is there a way to import RAW directly from the SD card into Lightroom mobile? FYI, the phone I'm currently trying to do it on is a Pixel 2. I downloaded this free version on Apknite, I don't if it is the cause of problem or not. I really like the app but I am not really feeling like dropping 5 euros a month to use it.
My info may be out of date but I believe you can only import RAW if you have a paid CC account or have an active trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back