Import Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoddo

Upon import I convert the NEF file into a DNG file auto discarding the NEF - all this is fine.

When I process in Photoshop the export function from LR to PS turns the DNG into a PSD, again fine and any adjustments made get saved to this same psd file. Once I'm happy I unstack the psd from the dng image and then delete (remove actually) the DNG file from LR.

Here's what's stupped me - earlier today I tried re-importing the 'removed' dng file but LR won't allow me to telling me that it already exists. When I ask it to show me where I get taken to the psd file.

Help please.:D

I suspect that you have "don't import suspected duplicates" checked.

Hi K

That's correct I have that ticked. So even if you remove it from Lightroom odes LR consider it a duplicate if you want to retrieve that file?

That's correct I have that ticked. So even if you remove it from Lightroom odes LR consider it a duplicate if you want to retrieve that file?
If you have removed/deleted it from LR it will not be seen as a duplicate on another import as it would no longer exist in the LR database.

I think this is an old bugbear where if you have a file of the same name in the same folder, each having a different extension, Lightroom treats them as the same. If one is already in the database, Lightroom won't import the other. If neither are in the database, Lightroom treats one of them as a sidecar. Crazy but true.

The only way around this is to move one of them to a different folder using Explorer or the Finder before importing it. AFAIK, you can then move it from within Lightroom to the same folder as the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back