Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 [1149743]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
After hitting the "Import" button I get an error message: "The following files cannot be imported because they cannot be read or the destination folder is not writable."
Never saw this before, and I don't think I've strayed from the normal process.

I use a Nikon D810, with both SD and CF cards. Got the same message trying to import from both. I made sure the write-protect switch was unlocked on the SD card, but didn't see such a switch on the CF.

Suggestions/help much appreciated.

RWB

After hitting the "Import" button I get an error message: "The following files cannot be imported because they cannot be read or the destination folder is not writable."
Never saw this before, and I don't think I've strayed from the normal process.

I use a Nikon D810, with both SD and CF cards. Got the same message trying to import from both. I made sure the write-protect switch was unlocked on the SD card, but didn't see such a switch on the CF.

Suggestions/help much appreciated.

RWB
Hold the presses. Got it fixed. One of my two external HD's died, preventing the survivor from being written to. Have no idea why, but when I disconnected the casualty, every worked as expected.

That message: "The following files cannot be imported because they cannot be read or the destination folder is not writable." was telling you roughly what the problem was. Glad you found it on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back