• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import problem: destination folder not writable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Found this surprise today when trying to import a raw file: destination folder not writable. Imported yesterday without issue. Uninstalled and re-installed LR Classic and the issue continues. Am working on a desktop Mac running version 10-14.4.
Any recommendations? I thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.15.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.15.17 PM.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 471
This means one of two things. The most likely option is that your "Make a second Copy to" folder is either offline or that disk is full. The other option is that the folder for the master image stored by LR is located on a disk that is full or is offline or has had permissions changed

Thank you for your reply. I went away for two days, returned, tried downloading again and bingo! Success! Have no idea how or why as I did nothing other than re-install LR. I have adequate space in both hard drives and did not fiddle with any permissions (I don't even know how to). So, all is good for now. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back