Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
I rarely open files using ACR. I created a new import preset using the new ISO Adaptive option LR. I decided to open a file using ACR and it did not apply that preset. I checked ACR preferences and my new preset was not there and I deleted these presets in LR long ago. I thought these days LR and PS worked together automatically. I know it worked when I used the old Default Develop method.

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom and ACR share the same develop (not import) presets. Your screenshot shows that ACR is not using a custom preset, but the camera settings. That doesn't mean anything however, because we can't see what Lightroom uses and we don't know how you called your new preset.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Develop presets are still develop presets. Camera defaults are gone. They were replaced by a default develop preset as shown in your screenshots. An import preset is something else. It's a preset that stores settings of the import dialog, such as the destination folder. You set/select them at the bottom center of the import dialog.

I noticed that in Lightroom you have 'Show serial numbers' checked, which means you have a setting for a Canon EOS R camera with a specific serial number. Do you have more than one EOS R camera? If not, setting the default by serial bumber does not make a lot of sense. In ACR you did not check this option, so here you have a preset that applies to every Canon EOS R camera. Maybe that explains the difference. Your ACR screenshot shows the contents of the User Presets groups, but that 'R Adaptive' preset may be stored in another group.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You've got store presets with catalog checked, so ACR doesn't have access to the preset.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Thanks everyone.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Yes. If you uncheck the option to store the presets with the catalog, then Lightroom will start using the ones in the CameraRaw/Settings folder again. It will not move any custom presets you made in Lightroom however, so you will have to do that manually.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Thanks. Already unchecked.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I re-started LR/PS and since unchecking the old presets showed up in LR which I deleted.

Thanks again.