• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

import presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanS

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
LR ios app
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. iOS
Using my Olympus OMD E1 mk2 recently on holiday iI accidentally took a days photos with the wrong WB setting .
I import the SD card to iphone photos then use auto-import to LR ios app - this worked really well on iphone 8+.
In LR classic one could apply presets on importing - I can't find his option in LR CC.
Neither is there an option to apply a preset ( in my case with the WB setting correct) other than by individual photo.
So is there a way to bulk change a preset on the ios or desktop LR CC?
thanks
Jonathan

If you shot RAW, then the WB is not applied. If you shot JPEG, then the WB is fixed to the camera setting and you will need to adjust the exposure, tone settings in the calibration panel to compensate. While you can improve the result, you will not be able to recover the image to the point before where the in camera WB was applied.

Ok. I only shoot in raw.
The WB options in the camera have altered the photos in LR (not just the JPEG view on the camera LCD).
Can presets be added in bulk?

Ok. I only shoot in raw.
The WB options in the camera have altered the photos in LR (not just the JPEG view on the camera LCD).
Can presets be added in bulk?
Yes. Select all images while in the Library grid. In the upper right corner, under Quick Develop, you can now apply a preset to them all.

this is only in LR Classic not CC - right?
I can't se a quick develop option in LR CC.

You could apply the preset to one photo, copy the settings to the clipboard, then switch back to Grid, select all of the photos and paste the settings. Only on the desktop CC so far. iOS can copy to the clipboard but only paste to one photo at a time so far.

You could apply the preset to one photo, copy the settings to the clipboard, then switch back to Grid, select all of the photos and paste the settings. Only on the desktop CC so far. iOS can copy to the clipboard but only paste to one photo at a time so far.
And remember to uncheck those settings that are not part of the preset!

The iOS version has the Import to Lightroom step for the Shortcuts app. You can apply a preset using it. But I can’t get user presets to show up in the shortcut. Is it possible?

The iOS version has the Import to Lightroom step for the Shortcuts app. You can apply a preset using it. But I can’t get user presets to show up in the shortcut. Is it possible?
Default presets only at the moment

Amazing. The non-classic version of Lightroom is still pretty disappointing.
It's still very early days for the cloudy version. It's only been released for 18 months. Lightroom 1 and 2 would pretty disappointing if you were comparing them to LR Classic, 12 years on.

True. I’ve been an amateur user of the desktop product since the version 1 public beta, though, and a lot of the functionality we’re waiting for in the non-classic version, especially in non-image editing areas, was there in the classic version from the beginning. No complaints about what is missing from image editing, its just the rest that is frustrating (like this, and keywording on import, etc.)

They're aiming at a slightly different audience mstahulak, almost the "next generation" of photographers, who rarely bother to keyword their photos and tend to apply "filters" per photo instead of when importing. That'll be affecting what they prioritize for the next-gen cloudy version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back