• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import Preset with only Auto set

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfarrellpa

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 7.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just finished an event and decided to use a preset on import with just Auto from the Basic panel applied. It worked great and I view an image in Library and then open it in Develop, it opens fine with all of the Auto settings made. But I cannot make any changes to the images in the Basic Panel when in Develop. If I click Auto again in Develop, then I can make changes. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong? Using the latest version of LR Classic with all updates on a Windows 10 Pro with 32 GB of memory and Nvida 1080 graphics card.

That's a weird one jfarrellpa. When you say you can't make any changes, you mean the sliders don't do anything when you move them? Or you can't move them? What happens if you wait a few extra seconds? And the other sliders move ok?

I can move the sliders but no effect and happens with all the sliders. Once I hit Auto , then the movement of the sliders evokes a change in action. So weird.

I can move the sliders but no effect and happens with all the sliders. Once I hit Auto , then the movement of the sliders evokes a change in action. So weird.
That doesn't sound like anything you could possibly be doing wrong, so report it at the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks. I did report on the site you gave me the link for. It is not a huge problem but annoying.

Joe

I found the problem. The images I imported were embedded previews in Library. When I went to Develop and with the Preset on Import set to do Auto in Basic, then I could not change the exposure or any of the settings (the sliders moved but no action). If I hit the Auto in Develop, then this time the sliders moved and had an effect. So I went and generated standard sized previews for all the images that I imported and now when I go to Develop and move a Basic slider, it has an effect without having to hit the Auto again.

Joe

Well done for narrowing that down! Hopefully they'll be able to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back