• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import not working in LR5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

EParker

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've had no problems with importing from my Canon 6D for 3 years. However, as of this week, LR recognizes the device but when I select the device, it spins and will not show any files to import. Eventually it says the program is not responding and I have to close out of LR.

I've tried troubleshooting on my own:

I can switch to another user on the computer, and import from camera directly into LR will work just fine without any problems.

I can also copy the files from my camera to my hard drive, and then can import directly from that location to LR without any problems. However, this is extra unnecessary steps.

Any suggestions to fix this problem? I'd really appreciate some help on this!

Last edited:
only suggestion i could give is download to windows and then import into LR. see how that goes. Sorry cannot answer the why bit.

If it works when using a different user account on the same system, I suggest you try resetting your preferences file under your normal user account. You can find instructions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back