• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Not Following Folder Structure - Username Capitalization Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_DS256

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just had to perform a clean install of Windows 10. This meant restoring LR, my catalog and pictures. Everything has gone fine. Catalog opens, pictures are there. I've been working on them for several weeks.

I just noticed that folders I've been loading in have not been following the Windows 'Picture' directory structure. Googling brought me the following LRQ blog posting. How do I correct duplicate folders with the same name in my catalog? When I created my username, I used 'paul' instead of 'Paul'. I've confirmed that by looking at backup logs from before the reinstall.

My Library looks like this. Everything above 'Pictures' has been imported since the reinstall and placed in it's own folder rather than where they should be in 'Pictures'. The example in the blog deals with fixing specific sub-folders. I need to change the main parent folder 'Pictures' which should be "C:\Users\paul\Pictures" but (obviously) in the catalog is "C:\Users\Paul\Pictures". Questions
  • Do I follow the same procedure for 'Pictures' and do I need to make sure I have enough space for the 9.323 pictures or are we dealing with catalog entries only?
  • Do I also follow the same procedure for this folders I've already imported that are not in 'Pictures' to move them to the correct location?

1584997037587.png

Thanks.

One final piece of information. I found out about the blog by Googling through the following error which appeared when I tried to 'Show Parent Folder'. I provide in case this points to a different problem.

1584996271148.png

Thanks

How simple! I worked wondferfully. Thanks to all who had a hand in documenting this.

I started with the 'Pictures' top level folder and as a bonus, found all of the imports, which were outside Pictures, were merged into the correct location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back