• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Media Pro Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidman

Bill Macy
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR6 Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Import Media Pro images keeping annotations

Hi Bill

Two questions: Do you mean on Lr6 or on Classic? And what's the question?

Paul- I goofed as I have LR Classic 9.2. My question is how do I import images from Media Pro into LRC9 retaining the Media Pro annotations. Thanks for asking.

In Media Pro, save the metadata back to the files. Sorry, I've forgotten the menu command and it may vary with different versions of MP but try Action > Sync Annotations using the Export option.

Then import the files into Classic Lightroom. In Import, use the Add option.

Test this process with a few files. You'll lose stuff in custom fields, and catalog sets but the latter can be rebuilt with collections and the more-powerful smart collections.

Thanks John for the suggestion. When I get a chance to set up some test files and try your idea I’ll get back to you with Yea or nay.

Bill

Thanks you for the assistance Roelof. I know enough German so I didn’t have to uses Google too much. If I understand your method it is basically what I have done following John Beardy’s advice shown above. I still have some kinks to straighten out but the basic method of "exporting annotations” from Media Pro to LR classic is working largely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back