• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

Import, management, and organisation of images

fiona.johna

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi

Wondering if the book that is on sale for Lightroom Cloud version users covers the very basics of importing images, organising, finding, images in both local and cloud? I am getting in a right muddle with stuff. What’s been edited and where is it, where are my raw files etc etc. a book that explains all this would be brill Can you also recommend any other free resources, videos etc that may help me untl I get a book? I have read your free guides which are great but zi need something that fully explains it all for absolute novices. Thank you

Yes, all of that's covered in Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go, and as a Premium member (which is complimentary for a year after purchase), you can drop Paul & I an email if there's something you're still unclear about. I don't know of other free resources that'll go into that much detail - most free resources are out of date as the ecosystem's been changing so quickly.

@fiona.johna

I have not bothered to look at the local stuff since it does not meet my use cases. But the rest of the questions are fairly well covered in @Victoria Bampton 's book. It is a great value, and very well organized. For the most part, any gaps on how to do something that you find Victoria and Paul will answer on here, and also appear on the next update of the eBook (you get a year of eBook updates if you subscribe to that edition).

There is one small gap Victoria and I have gone back and forth on a couple times. :D I do not know if she addressed it in the latest release since I now use her book as a reference rather than reading start/finish. But to be fair to Victoria and Paul, among the few dozen books on Lr and Lr Classic I have collected over the years, none of them do. The small gap is after you have all the tools/skills, how do approach fixing the pile images you have already collected and the news ones being added. And there is no one right answer to this question; it very much depends on the person.

Tim

There is one small gap Victoria and I have gone back and forth on a couple times. :D I do not know if she addressed it in the latest release since I now use her book as a reference rather than reading start/finish. But to be fair to Victoria and Paul, among the few dozen books on Lr and Lr Classic I have collected over the years, none of them do. The small gap is after you have all the tools/skills, how do approach fixing the pile images you have already collected and the news ones being added. And there is no one right answer to this question; it very much depends on the person.
We added a few more workflow diagrams at your suggestion. I'm still working on some plans for more on clearing backlog because, as you say, it depends on the person's individual requirements.

Back