• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 12.01
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Using Lightroom 12.01 on Ventura 13.01 I find that I am unable to import using the camera cable provided, for my Olympus Pen F. Only way to do is by using a Card Reader.

Is this a known fault for which I can expect a resolution.

Rob

We all have our work-flows, but I never understood downloading images to LR directly from a camera unless it is already tethered for studio purposes.
Get fast cards. Get a fast card reader. Nothing beats that in my opinion. You gotta work on the road with cards (or even at home) in my opinion....
But that's a work-flow issue and I hope Adobe fixes the bug. I would have never known it because it has been years since I connected my camera to my laptop or desktop.
You don't charge in-camera do you?

No I don't use in charge. Not available with the Pen F. Trouble with using card reader for my kind of picture taking is, that I generally have only a few shots
to upload. On the Pen F removing the SD card is fidly. Much easier to just plug in the lead which I leave permanently plugged in the port on the iMac.
Plus it always worked fine before therefore I see no good reason not to be able to now. I can see your point of view and accept for busy people its fine, but I don't suppose I am the only low output amateur picture taker out there.

Rob

No I don't use in charge. Not available with the Pen F. Trouble with using card reader for my kind of picture taking is, that I generally have only a few shots
to upload. On the Pen F removing the SD card is fidly. Much easier to just plug in the lead which I leave permanently plugged in the port on the iMac.
Plus it always worked fine before therefore I see no good reason not to be able to now. I can see your point of view and accept for busy people its fine, but I don't suppose I am the only low output amateur picture taker out there.

Rob
Sorry that you have a "fiddly" camera. Mechanical issues such as these are often not considered when making a purchase decision. The recommendation to use a card reader rather than using the camera as a card reader is well founded. I don't like to us my battery for any purposes besides taking photos as the Lithium batteries are only good for so many charge cycles. Buying new expensive batteries is not desired over fiddling with the card compartment IMO.

Lots of reports on this problem relating to Nikon cameras and in particular Tethering. That does not concern me but the usb bit does. I have updated but still am unable to connect direct to camera and download. For me this is an important issue because I am a casual photographer and often only have 15-30 pict at a time to import, direct is perfect with a lead permanently plugged in to the iMac its a simple job to plug in camera.
So is it likely that this will be fixed any time soon. Or should I consider rolling back the OS to older version

So is it likely that this will be fixed any time soon. Or should I consider rolling back the OS to older version
Adobe says it is fixed in LR 12.1:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...rt-from-direct-connected-nikon/idi-p/13300956

If you have 12.1 and it's still not working, please post in that bug report thread your experience, including details about exact versions of LR 12.1 and Mac OS and model of computer.

I haven't seen any reports of users trying to roll back to a previous version of Mac OS.

Also, do you have the cable plugged directly into the iMac or a hub? Hard to believe, but in 2022 there are still reports of hubs causing USB connectivity problems.

This issue relating to my Olympus Pen f camera seems to have been resolved.
I can now connect via cable and the multiplug and import into Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back