Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
How do I import from Galaxy S8 android cellphone to LR6?

Hi Bryan, should be just like you import from any other phone or memory card. Are you having trouble?

Thank you, Victoria. I played around with this issue for a while and found it was not a LR problem as I was not able to import to windows either. The system either did not recognise the phone or couldn't find any photos. I didn't have the same problem with another computer. What puzzled me then was that although my wife also has an S8, I could import from mine to LR but not from hers until the system finally changed its mind and decided to work. So I think it's either a Windows issue or possibly a suspect USB cable. One question, though: If all is working as it should, will LR automatically import the photos stored both in the phone's internal memory and on its SD card?

will LR automatically import the photos stored both in the phone's internal memory and on its SD card?
That's a good question, and one I will turn over to our Android users to answer, as I'm not sure how Android handles SD's cards in that context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back