• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import from Another catalog reports all updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally A

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6.14
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I have been successfully transferring images from my MacBook to my iMac for some months using 'Import from Another Catalog' with the method described here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My10kpBxeB0

However after a recent trip I returned to do the same again, nothing different from before, but Lightroom reports that

"There is nothing to import in the catalog you have selected.
All of the catalog's photos are up to date in the current catalog"
The new photos clearly are not in the catalog on my iMac.
Any ideas why this is happening?

I copy them onto an external drive, then copy that into a folder (named New Photographs) in my main Lightroom photos folder. I delete this after I have processed and reorganised the photos from each trip. This process has worked fine up until now.

The only thing that is different is that when i started up my iMac some updates were installed, but I don't see how this would have affected Lightroom.

Last edited:
No, I don't. I have followed the steps in the video above, just copying the catalog and folder of photos over to my iMac. I've deleted everything and started all over again several times. I'll have another go.

Last edited:
Great, that worked! Thanks. Still don't know why my old system didn't work, but at least I have the photos and all the editing transferred intact. Thanks very much.

One thing i can think off is that on your laptop the imported images are not landing in the same directorystructure anymore (the one you copied to your hard drive). You could examine if your import profile changed somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back