• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import from Another Catalog does NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Devine

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
New member here (hi everyone!). I am experiencing some Lightroom weirdness...

The following menu items do absolutely NOTHING... (the click does nothing at all):
New Catalog
Import from Another Catalog

When I click on them, they do absolutely nothing. At all. Zippo. Dead click.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling LR and even tried copying the base files from my laptop (which works fine) and overwriting the files on my desktop. Nada.

Both machines are running Win10-64 with 16gb RAM and both are running version 6.5.1 (perpetual).

Clearly this is a major problem for me as I want to be able to move edited files from my laptop and put them into my main LR installation on my desktop, where the files are stored on my Drobo, while keeping all of the edits. I can do an import and copy no problem, but then I lose the work I did on my laptop.

Please advise!
--------------------------------------------
Lightroom version: 6.5.1 [ 1073342 ]
License: Perpetual
Operating system: Windows 10
Version: 10.0
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 16327.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16327.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1776.2 MB (10.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1814.2 MB
Memory cache size: 3003.1 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2560x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 368.22
Renderer: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom
Library Path: C:\Users\Timothy\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Timothy\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) Canon Tether Plugin
2) easyHDR 3
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) HDR Efex Pro 2
6) Leica Tether Plugin
7) Nikon Tether Plugin
8) Piwigo
9) The Fader

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 1401
Subsystem : 86781043
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 1969
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100
Build: LR5x102
Direct2DEnabled: false
GPUDevice: not available
OGLEnabled: true

Last edited:
I've been thinking about what I would do in your situation, having exhausted all the standard recovery steps, and I think I'd be looking at a repair re-installation of Windows 10 (assuming the repair install option exists, it did for Win 7). I don't know what else to suggest, unfortunately.

Spent nearly 2 hours with Adobe support on a remote desktop session... still no success but he will escalate to the engineering team after collecting my system info and trying a bunch of stuff. No luck yet but really great support!!

I note a number of 3rd-party plug-ins. Can you uninstall/disable these just to get your Lightroom lined up with the rest of us?

NECROPOST ALERT!

I found that my HDD had some bad sectors on it and after FINALLY being able to clone and replace it a SSD, it appears that Lightroom is working again properly. So it would appear to be the fault of a defective HDD. I used 5 different cloning programs, Samsung Data Migrator finally worked. All of the other ones would bomb out with an error message about bad sectors or issues with the MFT.

Thanks for the update Tim! Amazing how often these things turn out to be hidden hardware issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back