Import freezing or @ times seeing 0 images on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

csinnaeve-icloud

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am pretty frustrated because for probably the past 6 months, I've been having issues with my lightroom 6.14 either not seeing any new images on my iPhone to import, or else seeing them and i select them for import and then about 1/2 way thru it freezes. HELP!! I've googled it and tried so many things but am having no luck.

How many photos in your Photos app on your phone? I wonder if it's just struggling with the large number of photos. Or could something else (like iTunes) be grabbing connection to the phone?

There are 3656 photos/videos that it is grabbing. iTunes is shut down. Just now I tried again to plug in my iPhone and it saw that number of photos/videos to import, but I cancelled it to go back to my library to see how many pics are in my library and then when I clicked import again and my iPhone, it sees no images:( I don't understand why one minute is sees them and another minute it doesn't.

Hmmm. I think we may need someone else to weigh in here, as I haven't plugged my iPhone into my desktop for years and my camera roll is too empty to be useful for testing.

In the meantime, a little more information that might offer some clues:

1. In the import dialog, when it does show the photos, does it show the thumbnails for all 3656 photos?
2. Are there any videos among the photos?

LR6 is no longer supported (and never has been on Mojave), so there's no point reporting it as a bug. One workaround that could be an easy solution would be to use the macOS Image Capture app to copy the photos to your hard drive and import into LR from there.

(That size of catalog is no trouble at all, so don't consider splitting it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back