Import folder naming duplication with NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Gooday

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
This has been driving me mad for a while...

My images are stored on a NAS. New images are either imported from a memory card reader (copied to NAS) , or via drag-and-drop to lightroom (add to catalogue withought moving/copying) of new folders that I place in the same NAS folder structure.

I end up with the folders showing up in similarly named places in lightroom differing only in capitalisation, rather than using a single common path name, e.g.:
\\QNAP2/Public and \\qnap2/Public
Obviously, in windows explorer files all show as being in the same directories. Unfortunately, in Lightroom I have to look in lots of 'directories' to find them.

Two questions:
How do I stop this happening and get all the imports to follow a single path name convention?

And... any thoughts on what might be the simplest way to clear up the current mess?

My set-up, in case it's important, is:
Windows 10, QNAP NAS, lightroom CC, catalogue stored on workstation hard drive (not NAS), 100,000 + images stored on NAS.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Johnb

Search this forum for "Capitals". I have seen the best answers by Jim Wilde-
Wrong path every time when importing

And similar threads at Adobe Communities:
Duplicate Foto Folder in Lightroom 6.8 |Adobe Community

The fix involves combining the two errant names [QNAP2 and qnap2] in the Lightroom folder panel, renaming the folder (or NAS in your case) in Windows File Explorer , then back in Lightroom: re-linking (update) all folders to the 'new' folder name.
I do not like to be more specific as I do not have expertise with this procedure. Keep the thread going if you need more help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back