Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoStat

Terence D.
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hello

I just had this fail as I tend to make a redundant backup till my primary is back up. Seems this is recent since the 6.4 update, as I found notes on Adobe mentioning this. Temporary work around is to uncheck "Make a second copy to:" box. Anyone have work around? I expect "A" will sort this out after a bit.

The only bug I know about that involves the 2nd copy occurs when you are importing raw + jpeg, you're renaming on import, and you're making a 2nd copy. In that case, everything works, but the rename fails.

How did your import fail? It isn't clear from your post what happened.

Also make sure the volume for the "Make a Second Copy to..." is mounted and available at import AND that there is sufficient freespace on that volume for the files AND sufficient freespace on the Primary drive for temporary files during import.

Hello

Yes I have the volume mounted and there is sufficient "free space".

My bad in not describing the fail in sufficient detail.

What fails is the raw file is not converted to DNG ( is visible and accessible ) and a note/error msg is displayed failed to convert to DNG. Apparently this little bit of twist in the workflow may relate to the desired file name change involving a date ( YYYY/MM/DD ) preference on the part initiating party ( Me ).

I will try batch rename experiment of the "CR2" from with in LR6.

Thanks for the responses.

Terence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back