• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import date as criteria ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):LR 6.13

Within a specific folder, I need to select images according to their import date into LR.

As far as I know, the import date is present only in the history of the develop module. Is it true ?
The various metadata panels of the library module contain several dates, but none of them is the date when the file was imported into LR.
That date is present in Windows (creation date) so I can do the selection within windows , but not within LR .
Any suggestion ?
Bernard

If you haven’t edited the images since import, you can sort by Edit Date. Why is it important for you to identify when images were imported?

If you sort a folder on 'Added Order', you will see the images in the order they were imported.

If you haven’t edited the images since import, you can sort by Edit Date. Why is it important for you to identify when images were imported?
A friend of mine imported some images with copy instead of add , so these are duplicates (for sure). However there are other (possible) duplicates , so searching duplicates is not the appropriate solution for the moment.
Do you mean that edit date equals import date when yet not edited ?

If you sort a folder on 'Added Order', you will see the images in the order they were imported.

Thanks Johan and Cletus, I think your solutions should give the same sort order, and this is the beginning of the solution.. However, I am not sure it will be possible to 'draw the line' between the first import (which is ok) and the following import(s) (which are duplicates), because in either case the import date is not displayed.

A friend of mine imported some images with copy instead of add , so these are duplicates (for sure)
No, they are not. Copy means that the images are copied to another folder, but only those copies are added to the catalog. This is what you always use when you import images from a memory card.

No, they are not. Copy means that the images are copied to another folder, but only those copies are added to the catalog. This is what you always use when you import images from a memory card.
These images were not imported from a memory card, but from a HD folder already imported into LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back