• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Import a lot of images and videos

ruloes

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I'm importing more or less 72.000 images and videos high resolution 1080p or 4K.
But lightroom 6.3 import just 68.000, why???? And .mts videos change creation date by date downloaded in my iMac.

Can you help me?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
How do you know there were 72000? Was there an error message at the end of the import telling you some photos couldn't be imported?

ruloes

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Sorry

The diference more or less 2000 pictures.

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
No, the difference is about 2000 items, not necessarily pictures. Are there some XMP files in that folder? That would explain it. XMP files are counted as items in the Finder, but not as pictures in Lightroom.

ruloes

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I can't see it because aré possible invisible.
I have got a capitán OS X.
And i think that are pictures and videos only.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
No, invisible files aren't counted in the Finder. Could it be there are about 2000 video files? Lightroom tells you it has 37822 pictures, if I understand it correctly. The Finder tells you there are 39982 items. That could be those 37822 pictures and 2160 videos...

ruloes

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
No, because when i'm importing i can see jpg, mov, MP4 and mts

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I think I'm going to give up. I don't speak Spanish, but I suppose that 'fotografias' means 'pictures'. MP4, mov and mts files are videos, so I assume they are not counted as 'fotografias'. They are 'items' however, so they are counted as 'items' together with the jpg files. That would be my explanation. If that's wrong, someone else can try it. I'm going to bed.

ruloes

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
It's cointing folders and i think duplicate pictures or fotografías in spanish, sorry for my English.
But this is not the issue because i can see pictures and videos meanwhile i'm importing..

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You could try using Get Info on each of the subfolders, to work out where your missing files are. It's possible it's counting sidecar files (e.g. xmp, mts, the, etc.) or it's possible that you have some raw+jpeg pairs and it's just importing the raw files.

Jack Henry

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I use a small program on the iMac called Visual Differ. It can be found here http://visualdiffer.com

You drag a folder to each side of the interface and it compares them, showing the missing files. You can even compare documents and it will show differences in text.

Once identified, you can copy missing files directly between sides.

It's extremely handy.