images in collection are showing 0 images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonl

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I do not know what has happened but a lot of my collections are appearing with 0 images when there were some. Any idea what may have happened?

I use LR3.6
WXP Pro SP3

Hi jonl, welcome to the forum!

Could you have removed them accidentally? Or removed the photos from the catalog, perhaps by the files going missing and then using synchronize? Any idea when they disappeared - any backup catalogs that contain that data.

Smart collections? And the criteria has changed, either in the photos or in the collection rules?

No, I know I have not moved them outside of LR, some may have been moved to the new drive, but they were done via LR and I saw them there after the move...

I just went through a find missing files and have seen a lot of files that have been marked as missing yet they were moved via LR.. any reason for this? I will be going through each and re-synchronizing them again. Is there a faster way of doing this?

Jon

Synchronizing folders is probably not a good solution. If the photos are found, they will be omported from scratch, as new photos. You will loose any metadata, develop adjustments and so on you may have done. And the photos will not appear in any collections since they are brand new photos from LR's point of view.

You need to find the photos, and then make LR aware of them again.

Are the photos still visible in LR? Or are they completely gone? If you go to "All photograps", can you see any of the photos that are missing in the collections?

So far synchronized has not changed any information... still have not found the images, I guess I'll have to go back tot he folders and see if they still have their ratings.. What I do is rate the images and put them in a collection. Then I go through the collection ones and do a harder selection process to weed them down to between 5-10 images and those are the ones I work on. I have a preset for each image group. So I probably have a preset for any images from those that are missing.

Are the images still there in LR, in the "All photographs" view? If so, meaning they are only missing in the collections.

Or are they completely gone from LR?

Are they still in the folders in Windows Explorer where you expect them to be?

It's unclear to me what is actually missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back