• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book module Image Upload to Blurb Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey LR Forums

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
ClassicCC 8.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi

Image Upload to Blurb Query

I have used Blurb before, but not for a while, and not via Lightroom.
I just wanted to confirm the process that is indicated, from all that I find from the internet, the Adobe LR help pages, YouTube and the rest that you simply build the Book from Catalogue images?

The query is, are these the actual images referenced in Lightroom i.e. in my workflow, processed PSDs? (i know that although these are layered, in Lightroom they would be flattened)
Or do they need to be an exported (saved back into the catalogue) JPEG, in sRGB at 300 ppi?

however, when you use 'BookWright', the Blub Books Software, files need to be, in this context, JPEG, sRGB at 300ppi up to 75mp (Mac)/42mp (Windows - XP, Vista 7 0r 8 - although only updated Jan 5th no mention of Windows 10?)

Does Lightroom activate any necessary conversion in the process of uploading to Blurb, or do the files need to be converted 'at home' as it were?

Cheers

Geoffrey

"are these the actual images referenced in Lightroom "
Yes, and Lightroom does it all!
You do not have to Export, flatten, or do 'conversions, etc. Lightroom does it all.

In summary, it is- Select your images from the catalog library, layout your book in the Book module , press the [send to Blurb] button.
There is though a lot to be learnt about the details of designing a book in Lr, but having used Bookwright it will come easy because of similarities.
Your photos can be of any file-type in your library. When Lr sends the book to Blurb all the conversions are handled automatically.

I suggest to always start from a Standard Collection of photos, goto the Book module, then create a "Saved Book Collection". This "Saved Book Collection" is where you will always re-open your book editing in the Book module.
Editing book in Lightroom | Adobe Community

How to Make a Photo Book with the Adobe Lightroom Book Module

"are these the actual images referenced in Lightroom "
Yes, and Lightroom does it all!
You do not have to Export, flatten, or do 'conversions, etc. Lightroom does it all.

In summary, it is- Select your images from the catalog library, layout your book in the Book module , press the [send to Blurb] button.
There is though a lot to be learnt about the details of designing a book in Lr, but having used Bookwright it will come easy because of similarities.
Your photos can be of any file-type in your library. When Lr sends the book to Blurb all the conversions are handled automatically.

I suggest to always start from a Standard Collection of photos, goto the Book module, then create a "Saved Book Collection". This "Saved Book Collection" is where you will always re-open your book editing in the Book module.
Editing book in Lightroom | Adobe Community

How to Make a Photo Book with the Adobe Lightroom Book Module
Hi
That's great, thank you for the response :)

Cheers
Geoffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back