• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2018 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes Custom Develop Panel Order, Snap to Grid in the Book module and more. Lightroom CC has lots of little improvements, including a face rectangle in People view on the desktop and Sharing improvements on Android. The Lightroom Queen eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Image stacking with Lightroom cc?

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
I recently purchased a Samsung tab3 (have not received yet) and am wondering if I should return to get something else. Maybe something that I can install lightroom classic on? While I did not buy with intentions of solely using for editing photos, this will be the only device that I will have for a year long excursion next year...and will be taking a lot of photos, especially night photos. One thing I am interested in is being able to stack images as is described in this tutorial. Video: Noise Reduction with Image Stacking

Is this even possible to do with the mobile version? I have seen that Lightroom CC does not have all of the same features that lightroom classic has, but not sure what it is lacking.

Whatever device I go with has to be on the small side and mobile, which is why I am leaning toward a tablet.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Quick follow up since I am unable to edit original post.. I think I am using Lightroom CC where I should be saying Lightroom mobile. I am interested if Lightroom mobile (android) has ability to stack images. See this video for what I'd like to do.

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Good to know! Thank you! Do you think the Microsoft Surface Go would be ok to run photoshop? It has 8gb ram.

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Any recommendations for a decent (<$800) tablet or 2 in 1 that would work ok with photoshop?

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Good to know! Thank you! Do you think the Microsoft Surface Go would be ok to run photoshop? It has 8gb ram.
It should run, as long as your performance expectations are realistic. It won't compete with a high end desktop, but I'm assuming you're not planning on retouching thousands of photos every day.

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
It should run, as long as your performance expectations are realistic. It won't compete with a high end desktop, but I'm assuming you're not planning on retouching thousands of photos every day.
Thanks for your response! I will definitely not be editing too many photos each day. I will occasionally mess around with stacking images (up to 30) from night shots. The majority of my editing will be retouching a few pics a day on average.

Just looking for an inexpensive device to do occasional editing, and also other task (streaming movies), etc.

markley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
No, Lightroom CC does not have the ability to stack images. Not even Lightroom Classic can do this for the purpose of noise reduction. This is Photoshop work.
Both of the videos I posted show that he is using Lightroom? At least that's what it says at top.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Can't wait for Ps for iPad on our iPad Pros. With Ps and Acr on the iPad, I can ignore the huge limitations of Lr CC/Mobile.

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Both of the videos I posted show that he is using Lightroom? At least that's what it says at top.
Not really. I looked at the second video, where he starts off in Lightroom for some initial adjustments to the individual frames, but then he takes them all into Photoshop where all the stacking and creative layer work is done. As Johan said, Lightroom cannot do this, you need Photoshop or a third-party tool.