• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

Print module Image size/paper size issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, all: On Canon Pro-100, I am trying to print an image on 8.5 x 11 Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte. I apparently need to load manually and that's fine. When I enter the ICC for this paper (it is under Photo Art papers, I get a message saying I need to change the paper size. This doesn't happen if I just use another matte paper. Cannot understand this! Advise requested, please.

Where are you trying to set the ICC profile? Sounds like you may be trying to set the ICC profile in the Canon print driver ie. Print Settings.

You should be in Print Job tab on the right panel of the Print module under Color Management. I can't see how making the setting there would cause a request for different size paper. If thats true then there is an issue in the Canon driver.

-louie

When I enter the ICC for this paper (it is under Photo Art papers, I get a message saying I need to change the paper size. This doesn't happen if I just use another matte paper. Cannot understand this! Advise requested, please.
A friend had a Canon Pro-100 (and then a Pro-10) and told me that, when printing on Fine Art paper you have to print with a border. There is no borderless option. This may be what is causing your issue.

I have all sorts of issues with my canon pro 100 and lightroom when printing...it is best to use the plugin for canon in the plugin manager...this seems to eliminate most issues....I have been able to print borderless this way with some trial and error...Frankly as nice as the prints are the integration with Lightroom is that bad.

If you haven't already, it's always worthwhile "trashing" the preferences. (There are instructions somewhere on this site, but I can't find them right now). That can make some unexplained behaviours disappear. I solved a couple of print problems that way, including a paper size one.

I have all sorts of issues with my canon pro 100 and lightroom when printing...it is best to use the plugin for canon in the plugin manager...this seems to eliminate most issues....I have been able to print borderless this way with some trial and error...Frankly as nice as the prints are the integration with Lightroom is that bad.
I installed that plugin quite some time ago. I was not able to control the print nearly as well as I can with the LR Print module. The LR Print module is obtuse sometimes but I have never found a print setting that could not be achieved in LR. I can't say the same about the Canon Plug in. I have even printed borderless 13X26 prints on the Canon Pixma Pro 100.

Hi, all: On Canon Pro-100, I am trying to print an image on 8.5 x 11 Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte. I apparently need to load manually and that's fine. When I enter the ICC for this paper (it is under Photo Art papers, I get a message saying I need to change the paper size. This doesn't happen if I just use another matte paper. Cannot understand this! Advise requested, please.
Sounds like you are selecting LTR. You need to select LTR ( Margin 30) with fine art paper.

Clee01l Hi. Could you detail your print settings for 13x26 for example. Also how to do borderless 13x19? When I print a color border with a color picked from the image, the border color is not the same as the color inside the image. Have you solved this issue? Thanks Joel

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back