Image Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GerryLR

I can change the order of images by simple "drag and drop" on the Library Grid. Is this re-ordering preserved when I export this image set to a folder on my HD?

(I suppose I can force this by renaming and indexing the images, but I was hoping to accomplish this without the extra renaming step).

Depends what you mean by that -- the operating system sorts the files however you tell it to sort. Usually by filename by default, or by date, or by type... If you want the OS to be able to sort it the way you want, you need to give it enough information to do so -- perhaps by including a sequence number in the filename.

I guess you're right.
After I randomly arrange slides in LR, and export to my HD, WinXp will undo this ordering and arrange by the sorting attribute I've (previously) chosen. Seems that the only way to preserve my LR ordering is to re-name in an indexed fashion before export, and have WinXP sort images by (new) name.

Thanks

LR will remember the user order within LR itself - in a folder or a collection, which are the only places that allow user orders - but other programs and the OS can't read that, so you would want to rename with a sequence number on the beginning to give the OS something to sort by. You could either rename themselves within LR, or you could export with the renaming applied, leaving the original files with their original names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back