Image Enhancement/Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozel

Lightroom Version Number
Version 9.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi all, my first post. I have invested a great deal of time setting up Lightroom ready to sort, rename and make adjustment to those favourite photos. I'm getting there but in the meantime I've been asked by my daughter to see if I cam improve the attached photo, taken on her wedding day recently.

I've attached a "WhatsApp Version" as the forum seems to limit the size of photos. I will investigate size limitations, if I need to but for now hopefully the attached will suffice for my two questions: - 1. I would like to remove the cloudiness from the window (bottom right) and 2. Is there anyway I could unflatten the girl's nose. I know some of you will say kids are kids and don't bother with these enhancements" but I really would like to learn how to do these things, if it is possible to do so.

Hope someone can point the way please

Paul
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-12 at 18.46.56.jpeg

While there are a few things that could be done in LR, Photoshop or another editor with many more options than LR is going to be what it takes to address these issues. Cute photo, however! As a matter of personal taste, that nose flattening is one of the things that makes the photo work, and tells a great story, and it's easy to imagine a photographer posing someone to do that.

I agree with Barry. You're eye is drawn to the condensation and girl's nose because it gives character to the image and tells a big part of the story. It's not a typical "portrait"; it has a special essence that comes from spontaneity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Technically, to remove the condensation you have to replace it with something. Very tricky to get that right and make it "better" than the current image. (IMO).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You could reduce the condensation with Dehaze, but how far do you go - there's reflections in the photo, scratches; but it all adds to the moment of the shot. Dropping into Ps would sort a lot of them, but the nose would still be a challenge. Agree with Barry - it's a nice shot that captures the moment!
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-12 at 18.46.56.jpg

Hi all

Sorry not to have been back sooner but I've been extremely busy over the past week so apologies mucho. Yes with reflection (pardon the pun here) I think to alter the photo would not do it any justice - until I posted it here, I hadn't noticed the reflections etc. Thanks for your input.

I did notice however that there's an Enhancment sub-forum so may I ask, for the future, did I post in the correct forum?

Thanks

The Editing Photos Using Lightroom would be the best place (I'll move this there now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back