• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

iMac running very slow after installing LRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieB

Lightroom Version Number
LRC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I recently switched from Lightroom 6 to the subscription model of LRC & PS. I then performed all the upgrades to my iMac ie: Catalina. My operating system with my iMac is:
3.4 GHz quad-core, 8gb memory, 1 tb storage, i5 processor.

Since changing everything my computer is running much slower in my everyday operations. Nothing pops up any more. I'm not talking about the internet, but the everyday functions i do such as docs, pages, emails, etc.

Any idea why? Do I need to upgrade? I have the capability to upgrade memory, storage processor and graphics. If I was to upgrade which is the most important to upgrade to. Side note that I keep all my photos on an external hard drive.

Thanks you in advance for all your help with this as it is very frustrating.

I could understand that LR is running a little slow because 8gb memory is maybe a little on the low side I think but LR should not affect the performance of other things unless your harddisk is almost full.

Regards,
Tom

Since changing everything my computer is running much slower in my everyday operations
FWIIW I had that happen when I upgrade my old 2009 MacBook. Everything was going at a crawl. Some research showed others had hit the same problem with the version I upgraded to (sorry forgot). I had to use Time Machine to downgrade back to my last version. Everything returned to normal performance after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back